Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii update partitions flagging disc channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I set a Wii .iso as my default game and launch the system menu the game shows correctly on the disc channel. When I convert the game to .rvz and set it as the default game it shows a system update for the disc channel instead. Is there a way around this or is it impossible for a .rvz file to show up correctly in the disc channel? 
That's weird. There should be no difference to how this works between ISO and RVZ...

If you right-click on the game files in the game list and go to Properties > Verify > Verify Integrity, do you get different results for the two of them?
(01-07-2022, 07:03 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's weird. There should be no difference to how this works between ISO and RVZ...

If you right-click on the game files in the game list and go to Properties > Verify > Verify Integrity, do you get different results for the two of them?

Yes I already thought of this verified with no errors as .iso and as .rvz. I also went to manage nand and ran check nand no issues were found. My system software is 4.3U, Will anything break if I run the update in the disc channel?
Edit: Ok sorry my mistake both formats are telling me to update in the disc channel. But both formats are verified as a good dump with no errors. What do I do? Says no issues detected with my nand.
Ok I backed up my wii folder in documents then ran the update in disc channel. The .rvz are working as a disc channel correctly now and my nand seems fine still. I think the .iso i was testing was the same game but with the update partition removed. Because when I converted the .rvz to .iso (the one that was showing an update for disc channel) it verified as a good dump. The .iso with the same name but not converted from .rvz was not verifying saying the update partition was missing. Still werid though because my nand was working correctly and not reporting with any issues.

Ok I spoke to soon, after running the update with one game I switch to a different game and set it to default and the update channel was there again. This game is confirmed as a good dump too, with the update partition. I'm so confused? My nand is functioning correctly. It's a clean backup from my real Wii. It passes the check nand test every single time. I don't understand.
(01-07-2022, 07:38 PM)Forgottenkey Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I spoke to soon, after running the update with one game I switch to a different game and set it to default and the update channel was there again. This game is confirmed as a good dump too, with the update partition. I'm so confused? My nand is functioning correctly. It's a clean backup from my real Wii. It passes the check nand test every single time. I don't understand.

If you run the update, it should work afterwards.
(01-07-2022, 08:13 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you run the update, it should work afterwards.

Yeah so I removed my wii folder, relaunched dolphin to create a new wii folder, opened dolphin, took my clean nand dumped from bootmii (note this nand was originally dumped running 4.3U). Then I checked nand and no issues. Set Mario Galaxy 2 as default iso (verified good dump, no errors). Next I booted system menu and the update was showing for disc channel, so I ran it from disc channel. Checked nand again no issues. Then relaunched system menu and update was gone and Mario Galaxy 2 showed up in disc channel. Good, so I closed system menu and set Donkey Kong Country Returns as default iso (verified good dump), launched system menu and disc channel showed update lol. I ran that one too, Now most of the wii games I set as a default iso/rvz are no longer showing an update in the disc channel. However, I haven't tested all of my wii games set as a default iso so I have a feeling that when one of them has a different update in their update partition, it will show the update in disc channel. Any clue why this is happening? Is this normal? My nand is solid. I made sure when I used bootmii that it was clean, no custom firmware, no homebrew, nothing. It was a clean dump of 4.3U. I'd also like to say that when I do a fresh import of my nand backup to dolphin then go within the gui and run the "perform online system update" it says system is already up to date, so why are these games update partitions flagging the disc channel? Is this behavior of the real hardware? I don't remember it this way. I thought if you're already running latest system software that these game partitions wouldn't flag an update?
If Perform Online System Update says you're already up to date, then you should already have all the updates that can come on a disc... Or at least I think so. So that part is a little weird, but other than that the behavior you're experiencing sounds fairly normal.
(01-07-2022, 09:06 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If Perform Online System Update says you're already up to date, then you should already have all the updates that can come on a disc... Or at least I think so. So that part is a little weird, but other than that the behavior you're experiencing sounds fairly normal.

This is just strange to me.