Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cant Get Dolphin to even open
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I cant get dolphin to open up the gui. I installed the newest dev build, I renamed the Dolphin folder in my documents, I installed the x64 c++. It starts and then dies, any thoughts?
If you have vJoy installed, uninstall it.
(01-04-2022, 07:51 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you have vJoy installed, uninstall it.

I do have that installed and I believe that is powering the official nintendo gamecube adapter. It installed with the driver for that I believe.  Is there a newer version?
(01-05-2022, 01:04 AM)Slottedpig Wrote: [ -> ]I do have that installed and I believe that is powering the official nintendo gamecube adapter. It installed with the driver for that I believe.  Is there a newer version?

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...in_Dolphin
Try Zadig instead of vJoy
Yes, if you're using it for Dolphin you should use the Zadig steps described at that link instead of using vJoy.

If you're using the adapter for things other than Dolphin, I'm not sure if there's a great alternative to vJoy. But either way, uninstalling vJoy is what you should do if you want to get Dolphin to open.
(01-05-2022, 01:57 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, if you're using it for Dolphin you should use the Zadig steps described at that link instead of using vJoy.

If you're using the adapter for things other than Dolphin, I'm not sure if there's a great alternative to vJoy. But either way, uninstalling vJoy is what you should do if you want to get Dolphin to open.

Ive done all of this but cant get dolphin to open still. ITs weird because if i delete the dolphin folder in the documents folder, it recreates it even though the gui never shows up.  I did get it to load once but then cant get it again.
(01-05-2022, 08:14 AM)Slottedpig Wrote: [ -> ]Ive done all of this but cant get dolphin to open still. ITs weird because if i delete the dolphin folder in the documents folder, it recreates it even though the gui never shows up.  I did get it to load once but then cant get it again.

I fixed it, my blissbox being plugged in messed dolphin up for some reason.  Not sure why but its all good now.  Thank you for your help!