Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Joystick problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Arif

Hello,

I'm trying to use Dolphin but I have problems with the joystick I'm using.
When I try to configure the Dolphin Event Pad I get
Quote: ---------------------------
Warning
---------------------------
Can't open Plugins/Plugin_PadSimpleEvnt.dll, it has a missing function
OK

when I configure with nJoy I can configure my joystick (Logitech Dual Action), but when I press a button to configure it automatically enters A+0 as input. I think it's some problem with the axis controls. I tried clicking calibrate but that doesn't help either. I can configure the buttons when I hold a button when pressing one to configure but when I start a game it's like the analog stick is always pressed in a way.

My specs are:
WIndows 7 64 bit
Core2Duo 3Ghz OC'd
2GB
9600GT

Thanks for any help
Go to the Dolphin Requirements under the General Discussion forums and download Microsoft DirectX Updater and VC++2008 SP1. Once installed, you can shooe the KB/X360 Pad plugin and configure it to work with your controller. If it doesn't detect your controller, use XPadder to map your keyboard buttons to the joystick.

Arif

Thanks a lot Smile
Now I can play with the keyboard.
Too bad the plugin doesn't accept the joystick, and XPadder doesn't work on Windows 7.
At least I can play it with the keyboard now Big Grin

Also what settings can I use best to increase the speed a bit? Paper Mario is listed as full speed but it runs at around 30-40FPS on my machine.
Make sure you have Enable Dual Core & Optomize Quantizers checked . Other than that, just go to the graphic settings and play around with the general and advanced settings to see what might work best for you. With your computer specs, it will probably run most games at decent speeds.