Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wifi Disconnect Upon Connecting a Real Wii Remote.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

starfurexxed

I've been having this issue across several different versions of Dolphin emulator, it's really starting to get on my nerves at this point. I'm having an issue that occurs whenever I connect a real wii remote via Bluetooth to the computer then use dolphin to actually make the wii remote function. However immediately upon connecting the real wii remote to dolphin, my wifi immediately disconnects and forces my to restart my computer in order to use the internet again. This glitch is not consistent and sometimes does or does not happen. The Firewall is not blocking dolphin, the Bluetooth connection is not causing this, it only occurs when I connect a real wii remote. I've gone through most new versions of Dolphin hoping this would fix the issue, but none have.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
In Dolphin, are you using "Emulate a BT Adapter" mode or "Passthrough a BT Adapter" mode? Also, what kind of Wi-Fi adapter your computer has (e.g. PCIe, USB, etc.)?

starfurexxed

(12-24-2021, 07:13 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]In Dolphin, are you using "Emulate a BT Adapter" mode or "Passthrough a BT Adapter" mode? Also, what kind of Wi-Fi adapter your computer has (e.g. PCIe, USB, etc.)?

I'm Using a Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11 ac PCI-E NIC for wifi. And I'm not sure what BT adapter mode I'm using I can't see the option. Where would it be?
Thanks for the reply. Anything helps.
In the past, some Dolphin versions used to cause interference with other USB devices in some rare cases, but given your Wi-Fi card is PCIe, that rules this possibility out. I have no clue now, sorry...

(by the way, you can see which BT mode you're using in Dolphin's controller settings)