Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Ocarina of Time Master Quest save checksum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Qlonever

I'm attempting to inject an N64 save of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time into a save file for the Master Quest re-release on Gamecube. The save formats look compatible, and I've seen examples of people doing the reverse of this online (taking a GC save and extracting a working N64 save from it.) However, the Master Quest save file seems to have a 4-byte checksum just before the actual save data, preventing me from just inserting another save in its place.
Based on the searching I've done, it looks like using the debugging tools in Dolphin might be the best way to figure out what data is being checked and what checksum algorithm is being used.
I've found something resembling save data in memory, and creating a memory R/W breakpoint at that address causes the emulation to stop whenever I save. I'm not sure what to look for once that happens, though.
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread, I wasn't sure where something like this would go. Any help would be appreciated.