Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Precise numeric control over Free Look?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TheCiscoKid

Currently running F-Zero GX across two monitors (3840x1080) and I'd like to increase the horizontal field of view by a fixed amount to zoom out from the player cars in split-screen multiplayer.
I can do this manually with Free Look but it's imprecise and inefficient - I'm looking for a way to adjust the FoV to a specific numeric amount with a single button press.
(Ideally, I'd like to have the game automatically adjust the FoV when a split-screen race begins, and adjust it back when the race is over, but one step at a time Tongue)

Any advice would be appreciated Smile
There's nothing in Dolphin that will allow for what you want to do today. In the future I have plans to add a "profile" system to freelook, allowing you to directly tweak values and save them into a profile if desired.

I also have a way to support changing Free Look outside Dolphin but that hasn't been pushed in to mainline.

TheCiscoKid

(12-13-2021, 04:31 AM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing in Dolphin that will allow for what you want to do today.  In the future I have plans to add a "profile" system to freelook, allowing you to directly tweak values and save them into a profile if desired.

I also have a way to support changing Free Look outside Dolphin but that hasn't been pushed in to mainline.

Exactly what I was looking for, guess I'll keep an eye on the release pipeline in case profiles or changing the values outside of the Dolphin GUI is implemented.
In the meantime, it does seem to be remembering the last values I set, and I bound a key to toggle 'Free Look' on and off, seems to work well enough for now.