Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Using another input device for wiimote extension?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya guys,

so I'm using the Sinden Gun with Wii gun games on Dolphin, and after some calibration fiddling it works great. However, while the gun itself does have a d-pad, an analog stick would be much better to control movement.
E.g. some levels in Link's Crossbow Training where you actually run around. The nunchuck would be perfect for that of course. So, in Emulated Wiimote, I have the sinden (which is recognized as Keyboard/Mouse) set up as my device, and then I choose nunchuk as extension. And right from it, therer are these three dots. In there I'm not sure I understand everything that can be done, but I'd like to just choose 'Wii Remote' as device there (which works at first), so that I can use the nunchuk that's connected to it in my left hand. However, soon as I leave that window by pressing ok, it seems to jump back to Keyboard Mouse (which I can see when opening it again).
Is this a bug or is it just not possible to kinda use two devices to emulate one wiimote + nunchuk?
I mean, why can one even choose a device in the extra extension window, if the device cannot be a different one than the one chosen in the main input window?
Have you tried right clicking the binding and selecting a different device there? Also make sure "Connect Wii Remotes to Emulated Controllers" is enabled...
Oh yeah, doing it with the right-click on the bindings in the extension tab actually works!
Not quite sure why it wouldn't work on that three-dot menu next to choosing nunchuck as extension on the first input tab, but I'm just glad it works; with controller as well as with actual nunchuk. This will make a lot of Lightgun users happy.
One thing, though, just for ease of use: Would it be possible to write these two into the game's input ini, maybe in some specific format?
`XInput/0/Gamepad:Left X+``Bluetooth/0/Wii Remote:Nunchuk X+`
This way, Dolphin would just use whichever is connected at that point, the nunchuk or the controller. In the binding window I couldn't do this, told me something about wrong syntax. But I dunno, maybe it just needs a separator of some kind or something.
Put a | between the two.
Man, Dolphin's input system is a friggin' power tool! What insane genius made it and how do we get them to do something like that for all emulators out there? Tongue

So yeah, that works great. With that I can even swap between controller and nunchuk while in-game if for whatever reason I wanted to.
It's perfect. Thanks a lot, guys!