Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why doesn't Dolphin come with each game's ini files already set up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Landfill7377

I have been going through the games in my library and adding all the necessary game specific settings based on what the wiki says. But I'm wondering if all this information is documented on the wiki, why doesn't Dolphin come with each game pre configured with these settings in the default config files? I noticed certain settings will be there in the default config, but not all of them. Also, why not include the widescreen AR and gecko codes that are on the wiki for each game? If there is a reason for not including all this, could there at least be an option to download the latest game configs and widescreen codes in Dolphin?
You can download most of them via Download Gecko Codes, and I'm pretty sure most games are configured properly already.
(12-01-2021, 09:09 AM)Landfill7377 Wrote: [ -> ]But I'm wondering if all this information is documented on the wiki, why doesn't Dolphin come with each game pre configured with these settings in the default config files?

Some of the settings on the wiki are rather large tradeoffs. For instance, disabling Scaled EFB Copy might fix bloom issues in exchange for making most of the game be at native resolution.

(12-01-2021, 09:09 AM)Landfill7377 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, why not include the widescreen AR and gecko codes that are on the wiki for each game?

This one is just because nobody has gone through the effort.

Landfill7377

That makes sense, I hadn't considered tradeoffs. What determines the settings that do make it into the default config? Are those just the settings that are critical for the game to run at all?