Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Enabling Cheats causes severe slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BekNos

I HOPE this is the right place for this but...
So I decided to grab the newest dolphin Emulator cause I got my Switch Gamecube controller to work, and it couldn't be read on the old one I'd had for God knows how long...

and when I enable cheats for Wind Waker (or any game, honestly) The emulation slows to a crawl. The games lag, the audio lags and it's all super slowed down to the point that it's unplayable. I did some searching and... this is an issue that has been reported time and time again since... 2011 was the last one I found?

Am I missing something here, or is it a common bug that has not been fixed? I've tried speeding up the emulation, changing graphics, configurations... I'm just stumped.
Have you tried to run the latest development version (5.0-15571)? Your profile shows that you are using the latest beta.

In addition, please check the integrity of your dump (right-click the game > properties > verify > verify integrity). Also confirm that you are using the correct cheat codes for your game version/revision (PAL and NTSC are completely different, for example).

BekNos

(11-28-2021, 09:25 PM)Blindsnow Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to run the latest development version (5.0-15571)? Your profile shows that you are using the latest beta.

In addition, please check the integrity of your dump (right-click the game > properties > verify > verify integrity). Also confirm that you are using the correct cheat codes for your game version/revision (PAL and NTSC are completely different, for example).

Ah hah! Yes, that was the issue, I was using the beta version of dolphin. I didn't even realize it, I just saw newest number and downloaded it. Thanks, dude!