Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I connect Wii Remotes PROPERLY?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ihaveawindows

Hello! I wanted to do this thing, it works.
I need to enable test mode for Dolphin to pair, is that normal?
Also, it likes to disconnect in the middle of the game, like this:
The player LED still lights up but the controller isn't responding. Also when used with 2 Wiimotes the Wiimote that got disconnected shows no battery. Is this normal? Also I need to disconnect it from the control panel. Dolphin has a really weird way of disconnecting.
Can someone help? I have test mode on, just like I said.
Thanks in advance
You could try bluetooth passthrough:

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough

ihaveawindows

Hi, thanks for the reply, I couldn't use BT passthrough, I wouldn't bother buying a new BT adapter. Also my BT adapter isn't compatible
My questions:
- Is it normal to use Test Mode w/Dolphin
- Why does my Wiimote keep getting disconnected (w/the lights on)?
Thanks
If you are not using bluetooth passthrough, do not pair the Wii Remote with your operating system at all. If you have set up such a pairing, remove it. The OS will mess with the Wii Remote and lead to all manner of connectivity issues, like what you are describing.

To connect using Real Wii Remote properly, all you need to do is open Dolphin, go to the controllers panel, press the sync button on the bottom of your controller (or 1+2 if non-TR but you probably have TR, just, assume sync button here) and then press Refresh in Dolphin. Your Wii Remote should shake and you're done!

If you don't want to open the controller's panel every time, you can use Continuous Scanning so you don't have to. But try the regular way first.