Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No rumble support through dinput?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried to configure my PS4 controller as dinput in dolphin to try out native support, but while it recognizes all the inputs it does not allow me to configure any rumble options.  It works fine with the PS4 controller disguised as an xinput controller using DS4Windows, but I'd like to now if dolphin's native support has that limitation.
Vibration on the DualShock 4 is not supported over DInput. Programs/games that natively supports DS4 rumble does that by directly sending vibration commands to the controller, bypassing DInput altogether.

Current Dolphin builds doesn't support rumble on DualShock 4 controllers. However, there are open PRs adding SDL 2 and Windows.Gaming.Input support to Dolphin, both of those APIs can access the rumble from the DualShock 4 directly...
(11-17-2021, 08:18 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Vibration on the DualShock 4 is not supported over DInput. Programs/games that natively supports DS4 rumble does that by directly sending vibration commands to the controller, bypassing DInput altogether.

Current Dolphin builds doesn't support rumble on DualShock 4 controllers. However, there are open PRs adding SDL 2 and Windows.Gaming.Input support to Dolphin, both of those APIs can access the rumble from the DualShock 4 directly...

Alright!
Thanks for your excellent answer.