Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio is broken when playing Dokapon Kingdom on traverse servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Junepie

I have no clue why, but when I'm playing online with other people playing Dokapon Kingdom online with friends the audio is completely broken. No audio whatsoever. The audio works OK for the other players, but nothing I do works. The audio works fine when I'm playing by myself, it's just online play that is broken. I tried all three DSP Emulation Engine options, but beyond that the potential for fiddling increases a lot and I don't want to waste my friends' time starting and restarting the game over and over as I try every possible config option. My friends don't have any issue so they don't know what to recommend.

Junepie

So, eh, nobody has any clues? I'm really curious as to what is wrong here.
Did you verify that you have a matching MD5 sum of the game file as your friends?
Have you tried on another network? It could be something with your internet/firewall/ISP

Junepie

I haven't gotten an opportunity to test out anything else to fix the issue. I decided to just use Parsec, and that not only allows me to hear the game audio (through my friend's computer) but is generally superior to Netplay in every way.

Though now I'm experiencing an issue where no audio works at all, on any game, netplay or not. I have no clue what caused it and I don't know how to fix it.
Post all of your audio settings, also check if Windows detects any audio.

Junepie

I deleted all my dolphin settings so I could default to the fresh install settings. Doesn't do nothing. Windows doesn't detect any audio either.

I looked into my windows settings and nothing seems out of the ordinary, as I hadn't touched them.