Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Next Dolphin stable release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

drooler1201

Are there any plans for a stable release (maybe Dolphin 6.0) in near future?
Nope.

JimmyG

(11-09-2021, 06:26 PM)drooler1201 Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any plans for a stable release (maybe Dolphin 6.0) in near future?

You really think these lazy devs would do that?
Ehh, skip v6.0 and just continue with the dev builds. Works fine enough for me. I dunno why we need a next stable build actually. I mean, beta or dev builds got all you want already.
(11-14-2021, 07:35 AM)JimmyG Wrote: [ -> ]You really think these lazy devs would do that?

Let's try being a little less rude around here. There's no need to accuse anyone of being lazy. If you do have some complaints or concerns about how Dolphin handles versioning, please keep it civil.

On that note, a stable version is just a number at this point, with some added regression tests and milestones. For everyday use, the latest development builds should be sufficient.

drooler1201

Ok. thank you for yours replies. The reason i ask is that i am bussy setting up a Wii /GC station for the family with a pc, dolphin bar, wiimotes etc. I will stick to the dev builds as you recommend.