Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How does the i5-1135G7 compare to i5-8250U
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

makeworld

Currently using Dolphin on an i5-8250U, no GPU, using the Intel UHD Graphics 620 that comes with the CPU. New Super Mario Bros Wii plays fine, but Mario Kart Wii isn't playable in terms of music. The graphics and framerate is okay, but the music is horribly crunchy. And the framerate definitely drops in some scenarios. And that's with native IR, I was hoping to do 720p.

I've been looking at the i5-1135G7 CPU as an upgrade, it's the base CPU for the Framework laptop. It has Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics. Here's the CPU comparison, and here's the GPU comparison.

Obviously it's better, especially in terms of GPU, but I was wondering if anyone has any specific experience they could speak to on this, whether the games I've mentioned will run better. Also would like to run Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort. Haven't tested their performance on my current CPU yet.

Thanks!
The i5-1135G7 should perform considerably better than the i5-8250U in Dolphin...