Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamepad doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Floppa The Caracal

So, I have my Gamepad plugged in my PC. It works on every other game, but when trying to play a GameCube game on Dolphin, it just doesn't work with it (i did configure it). How can I fix this problem?
Make sure you have configured the "GameCube Controllers" section in Dolphin. From the main screen, click on the Graphics icon (or use from the menu choose Options -> Controller Settings). Set Port 1 to Standard Controller. Click on the Configure button to assign input from your gamepad.

A lot of times, people mistakenly configure Wii Remote controls, but not GameCube controls (which are separate in Dolphin). I know you've said you've configured the controls, but this is a common enough occurrence that it always helps to double-check.

If that doesn't help, could you please show us screenshots of your controller configuration? Preferably the screen you get when you click on the Graphics icon, and the actual button assignments.

Floppa The Caracal

(10-31-2021, 02:58 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I double-checked, and I configured everything in "GameCube Controllers". But the gamepad doesn't work

[Image: swnrY70.png]
What kind of controller do you have? I know some controllers (e.g. Logitech F310 and its family) have physical switches to change from Xinput to DirectInput. I remember some people having trouble because it was set to DirectInput.

If you have any Wii games (or WiiWare) do those work? That is to say, is this problematic for just GC games or everything in Dolphin?

Other than that, maybe try enabling Background Input. Might be possible that Dolphin is losing focus. Not sure how that would happen, but it's worth seeing if it has any effect.