Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to make a build for macOS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To clarify, i’m not asking how to build on macOS. I’m wondering how to make the dmg file which is normally downloaded from dolphin’s download page.

Basically, i have a custom build of Dolphin that i want to be able to share with people. I’m on Windows and already can build the installer, and Linux users can just build from source. How can i make the dmg file for macOS so Mac users don’t have to build it from source? Am i able to do this on Windows/Linux or do i need to build on mac? Thanks
You would need to build it on macOS afaik, do you have a link to your code?
(10-30-2021, 07:38 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You would need to build it on macOS afaik, do you have a link to your code?

My friend on Linux managed to get the dmg file. I don't know if he built off macOS or if he was able to convert the file. Either way, we haven't heard any complaints from macOS users not being able to play lol, so i think his method worked. My best guess is that he converted from Linux to as dmg somehow, but i can ask to clarify. Anyway, fwiw our code is here, and the dmg file he made is under the latest release.
Apple do their best to make it very hard to cross-compile for Macs from non-Macs, so a Mac will definitely have been involved at some stage of the process.