Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashes after a few minutes of emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ilor768

I'm trying to play twilight princess and everything loads and works fine for a bit but then it crashes. I found that Vulcan in the development version is supposed to fix this but can't find a way to download it. I'm using ubuntu 21.04 and the download guides on the wiki only install the stable version. I've tried
sudo apt-add-repository PPA:dolphin-emu/ppa^C
sudo apt update
sudo apt install dolphin-emu-master
and the way to install it from https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/buil...hin-linux/ but neither are the development version.
but ubuntu can't find dolphin-emu-master so it installs the stable version. How can I install the development version or get it to stop crashing?
Update: runs fine when playing wind waker so far, only has problem with twilight princess.
You will have to build the development versions using the link you posted.

ilor768

(10-26-2021, 12:34 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You will have to build the development versions using the link you posted.

How? I couldn't find anything about the development version.
(10-26-2021, 12:56 PM)ilor768 Wrote: [ -> ]How? I couldn't find anything about the development version.

Following that guide will get you the latest development version.

ilor768

(10-26-2021, 10:28 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Following that guide will get you the latest development version.

Downloaded it, missed something and couldnt figure it out at first. Now it can load the game but doesn't respond to any controls. The game loads but is stuck on the starting screen, and I cant change the controls in settings.
(10-26-2021, 10:28 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Following that guide will get you the latest development version.

Got it downloaded, I just skipped over some stuff while I was reading it but now the controls don't respond. I cant use the controls to play the game or even remap them. I can use keyboard shortcuts tho. Is there a different version that works better?