Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cheat codes will NOT work!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mad_Dog

I'm about at my wits end here. I have the latest version of Dolphin which is 5.0-15260 at the time of this posting.

I am trying to play Legend of Zelda - The Collector's Edition USA version. I wanted to play Ocarina of Time for old times sake but didn't feel like dragging out my N64 and so I wanted to play it on the Dolphin Emulator. I got the program installed and the game as well, but every time I enable cheats (Because I just wanted to mess around this time) and check the ones I want, they refuse to work. I have done both methods to try and activate the cheats.

Method 1. Right click game in list > Properties > AR Codes > Click the game box (Ocarina of Time in this case) and all the cheats I want.
Then Options > Configuration > Check Enable Cheats > Start Game > Select Ocarina of Time in game > Get through Opening scene > and NO CHEAT HAD BEEN ACTIVATED.

I go back to Configuration and find the Enable Cheats box. It's grayed out even though it's still checked.

Method 2. I go to Configuration > Check Enable cheat's box > Start game (because Cheat's Manager is still blank) > After game starts > Tools > Cheat manager > AR Cheats > Check Ocarina of Time box and all the cheats I want > Close game > restart game (This time all cheat boxes remain checked) > Select Ocarina of Time > Get through Opening scene > STILL NO CHEAT HAD BEEN ACTIVATED.

I go back to Configuration and check the enable cheats box. And it's STILL grayed out even though it's checked.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong or if this is some kind of glitch the programmers need to fix? Sad It's driving me crazy. Also there is no "Apply" button anywhere.
Hmm. I tried it and didn't have much luck either. Most of the codes did nothing. Maybe it has something to do with the multi game nature of it? The only code that sort of worked was the 30fps code on theĀ wiki, after ignoring the error.

Mad_Dog

Just tried the Master quest disk version as well. Only a couple of the cheats work and nothing else.
I have the same issue with Wind Waker. Some games have cheats work fine though...

Mad_Dog

UPDATE: The codes somewhat work for Master Quest but not the original OoT version of the game.