Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: (Video included) Wiimote cursor not showing where I am actually pointing, + jumpiness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Neonetik

I've recently purchased 2 motionplus wiimotes. I do believe that both are genuine. I also have the sensor, which is the highly recommended mayflash one. I managed to connect the wiimote to my computer, and the controls seem to work in games that need no cursor, and just work with the motion feature/wiimote buttons, but when it comes to any game where I need to actually point at the screen with the cursor, things are all kinds of a mess.

It seems that no matter where I place the sensor, be it the top or bottom of the screen (and yes, I did make sure I switch that setting in dolphin when doing so), the cursor jumps around, and refuses to actually be where I am pointing the remote, rather staying off at quite an angel, and I have tested this on both my laptop, as well as a television which I connected my laptop to, and with both controllers I got. Results are the same no matter the circumstance.

I've attached a rather crude video I took of me showing off my settings, pointing the wiimote at my screen, and how things look from my end, but I am not sure what to do or how to fix this.

I think I may have also tested this with bluetooth off which I think made no difference? Can't quite recall now that I'm typing this. If that's important, I'll made a video of that as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GZ2JUTa...sp=sharing

Can anyone offer suggestions based on what I've shown in the video? I feel like I must have missed a step or something.

Thank you.

Comp details: 32gb Ram, 3070 Nvidia graphics card (laptop), Intel® Core™ i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz, 64 bit operating system.
You're holding the Wii Remote too close to the sensor bar. Try holding it at least one meter away.