Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 3rd Party Wiimote not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ripliner

This is essentially a copy paste from the reddit forum, trying to cast as wide a net as possible. Ive been struggling with this for a few days now, and ive made absolutely no headway. Nothing online seems to have fixed my problem, and its extremely frustrating. Basically, about a week ago i bought a 3rd party Wiimote from amazon, a ZOTAIN to be specific. I bought a Techkey Bluetooth adapter, and a sensor bar. Ive followed every step i could find, to go through passthrough and not to. Because its a 3rd party i cant hook it up to my pc directly so that's out. When trying to sync it to dolphin (not passthrough) pressing the sync buttons OR 1+2 doesn't work, it just flashes then turns off, this has been tried both with the default driver provided with the Bluetooth adapter and with WinUSB and LibusbK. Additionally ive tried all three with Bluetooth passthrough turned on (Emulation start, search for wiimote, and try syncing) but to no avail. I started getting a libusbK error, so i checked into that, tried rolling back the version of dolphin to one they had success with (https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/10151) but that didnt work either. Though rolling it back did help the problem of that error, though i still cant connect the controller. Ive searched and searched and searched but no one has had the problem i do, and ive come to the conclusion that its either the remote that is just broken, though i dont have a wii console to check if its even able to connect in the first place. Either that or its the usb that is simply incompatible with dolphin, ive heard mentions of a list of adapters that are supposed to be able to work but ive had no luck with finding that list. Honestly, any help at this point would be helpful.