Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Complete crash when playing Mario Party 9 with netplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Maximusboy

Hey,
I've been playing Mario Party 9 with some friends through netplay, but an annoying issue we've experienced is that my Dolphin will just completely close, ending the game prematurely and forcing us all to restart.
It happens seemingly random, usually after 10-30 minutes of playing.
There doesn't seem to be any logs of the crash, only cause I've seen is the exit signal indicating a segment fault.

I've tried playing single player and was able to complete a full game, no crashing. Which leads me to believe this could be an issue with netplay?
I've tried changing graphics backend, but this didn't fix the issue.
I've compared my settings to my friends, even with the exact same settings, I'm the only one to experience the crashing.
I've also tried this on Windows on the same machine, and it also will randomly crash while playing with friends.

Could this be due to hardware failure? I haven't experience issues with any other applications though.

My friends all also have Nvidia GPUs and AMD CPUs.

I hope this issue can be resolved, It's really annoying to get so close to the finish line and then be left with a cliff hanger.

Thanks,
If it's not an OS thing, could be a network issue with something in your router? Are you the host or a participant? Are you using transversal server or direct?

Maximusboy

(10-07-2021, 01:18 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If it's not an OS thing, could be a network issue with something in your router? Are you the host or a participant? Are you using transversal server or direct?

I'm not an expert, but how could a network issue cause a segment fault?
I've been a participant for every game we have played.
We are using traversal server.
(10-07-2021, 02:22 PM)Maximusboy Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not an expert, but how could a network issue cause a segment fault?

It shouldn't do that, but Dolphin's Wii Remote netplay has lots of ways in which it can act funny.