Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Keyboard Input on M1 Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

hduece

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to use Dolphin as a wii emulator and it does not seem to want to take any keyboard input from my mac. It takes mouse input without issue. I tried the newest beta of dolphin as well as a slightly older beta. I enabled input monitoring for Dolphin, and my OS is 11.4. A lot of threads I've found suggest changing the keyboard, but I only have one option. Thanks!
Just so we're clear of any shenanigans, you press "Default" up on the top, then press buttons that are assigned (Q or E for example) and those buttons do not light up?

hduece

Hi! Sorry for the delay. Yes, that is exactly what is happening. I actually got it to work by updating my computer from Mac OS 11.4 to 11.6 and was actually able to use it without issue, but now without updating my computer again or really changing anything I can think of it is suddenly not working again- again, my mouse works fine (Left and Right click go bold for a sec when I do it on the controller config screen) but nothing on my keyboard envokes a reaction. I checked and it still has input tracking permission. I am not sure what could have changed to cause this between last night when it was working and now. Any ideas are welcome.

hduece

Restarted my computer and it is working again. I think my computer just doesnt like it very much, lol.