Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio issue in Tiger Woods 2005 on disc switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ryuuhonoo

I've downloaded the latest version of Dolphin 5, and on both a windows 7 and Windows 10 machine, there is massive audio distortion after switching discs. I can only find a single person with the issue from 2018, nothing since. The tutorial works fine and everything else seems good, other games work fine, just this on switching to disc 2. Any ideas on a possible solution?
Does this happen in older 5.0 builds?
What audio device are you running on each computer?
Have you tried switching the audio backend?
Are your drivers up to date?

ryuuhonoo

Drivers are up to date on both computers, one using Realtek for optical audio out(Win 7) and the other using Nvidia for audio via HDMI (Win 10). I tried Cubeb and OpenAL on the Windows 10 machine, same issue. Unsure how far to go back with older Dolphin builds, but tried one a month old, 5.0 - 15107. Same issue. Just tried it on a third computer, my wife's, and it has the same issue there. I'd say to try it yourself and see if you have the same problem, but it's a pain because of the mandatory tutorial and character creation that has to happen first. Unsure what else to try, is there a way to tell it to reload / reset certain things on disc swap?