Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Virtual memory problem on Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Acerimmer

Hi Dolphins.

I am having a problem deleting save data to free up blocks in the system menu data management, The memory already runs out after i installed the system menu and 8 of my wii games. Problem is that i am not getting any free space back when i delete saves in data management, And moving the saves to the virtual sd card does nothing either (Still 0 open blocks available) after i run out of memory.

Problem is of course that i am not able to save anymore games after (in my opinion) the very limited amount of virtual memory runs out, Only way i can free up space is by uninstalling games from the nand or directly delete wii saves, Which messes with the nand and often ends with being totally unable to save anything or even run the game.

Is it a bug in the latest Dolphin build 5.0-15105?, Been trying the stable 5.0 build, But on that no sava data shows up in the system memory at all??

Is there a build where this does not happen?, I don't mind the limited amount of memory that much if just i am also able to delete the data and free up space.

Thanks for your time.
If you delete even more stuff, the number of open blocks should go above zero. (If you have a negative amount of open blocks, the Wii Menu will show 0 instead of a negative number, since you can't actually have negative open blocks on real hardware.)

Acerimmer

(10-02-2021, 12:47 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If you delete even more stuff, the number of open blocks should go above zero. (If you have a negative amount of open blocks, the Wii Menu will show 0 instead of a negative number, since you can't actually have negative open blocks on real hardware.)

Thanks for your time, It's not showing negative blocks.

It's just that i have to delete almost everything if i want to save anything, First i deleted all the saves, Then i had to delete 5 more games from the nand before it went above zero.

BTW it's a very cool emulator, Especially the ability to swap controller profiles in the hotkey section Cool
Have you tried booting the Wii System Menu and deleting stuff via that?
The NAND cannot exceed 512 MB, like on a real Wii...