Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wiimote audio not going through headphones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lukalaly

I'm using a real wiimote and want the audio from the wiimote to go through my headphones instead. I'm playing no more heroes, where the phone call audio comes out of your wiimote, but I can't seem to get it to work. Normally I would like the gimmick of holding the wiimote up to my ear like an actual phone, but all that comes out is a garbled mess of crackling sounds. I've heard that bluetooth passthrough can help with that, but I use bluetooth headphones and don't want to sacrifice that to use passthrough. Anything I can do? Playing the first no more heroes game specifically, in case that matters.
Enable Speaker Data controls whether the Wii Remote speaker can produce sound. When using a real Wii Remote, the audio will come out of the Wii Remotes' speakers; with emulated Wii Remotes, it will come out of the system speakers.

Now, since you are using a real Wiimote, there is a workaround:-
You can also assign the Wii Remote to connect it as an emulated controller by clicking on “Controllers” button and then selecting "Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers".
Now, manually map all the things (like A button, B button) back to your Wiimote, and use “Enable Speaker Data”.

Also, there is one more feature:-
Speaker Pan allows you to shift the emulated Wii Remote audio to the left or the right on your system speakers, if Enable Speaker Data is checked. -100% is left, 0 is centered, and +100% is right.