Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Whats wrong with the dolphin community?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok so , plz bare with me.....

Ive been a member of some forums, and have been very active in participating and contributing.
Like all other forum members together this makes a community.

How come it seems to me theres a "core" of real community minded people on this forum, and the rest are just lazy/beggers/leeches?

And how come its so difficult here to use the search ?

Is this a problem of moderating ?(nofi to moderators)
Or is it a problem coherent to the emulator, since this will draw alot of leechers out of the wood ?

Plz contributing ppl and moderators dont be offended, i dont mean you in this post, you would know for yourself if you are contributing.
if you dont like the community than why are you here???????
go to some other forum. and since when does the whole world revolve around you???
if you dont like us than just get lost.
(01-03-2010, 07:32 AM)shawnanastasio Wrote: [ -> ]if you dont like the community than why are you here???????
go to some other forum. and since when does the whole world revolve around you???
if you dont like us than just get lost.

Dude, did you even read my post?
Im sorry if i offended you, that wasnt my intention.
It seems to me you just read the title and skimmed the post and then pushed reply?
You kids are F**c*ed Up ^^
I'm sorry you feel this way, but change is improbable.
This forum is unique, what can i say.
Mm....Yeah the mods, developers and administrators are doing all the posible in this forum for this project. You should be thankful about that.
This is a forum not for some free discussions and stuff, but it's a bug reporting place and board where you can get support from the team or (so called Tongue) advanced members. There's nothing wrong with having such people mentioned in first post Smile
I blame the nubs *stares at OP*

nah but seriously, i see nothing wrong, people get their questions answered, and that's that.
From what I'm feeling on the guys post, I do understand his problem. Seems he is just concerned that many people tend to ask the same questions in new threads that have been answered if they spent time reading the official thread post on the games (or using search). The problem is people are to sympathetic to just answer there questions instead of routing them to the correct forum thread on the subjects and have them learn for themselves. The only way I've personally seen this get fixed is moderators giving these type of post links to the correct thread and closing these leech threads down but that puts more unnecessary work on the moderators.

P.S. This probably should have went to "site feedback & questions" section of the forum.
Well , just look the numbers , see the member list http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/memberlist.php ( sort them by post count , ascending )

between pages 1 -> 408 we have users with 0 posts ( 408 * 20 = 8160 members that were smart enough to read the stickies and/or find what they were looking for ( I guess Tongue ) )

pages 408 -> 636 ( 228 * 20 = 4560 , This guys generally start with a thread or something because they have a ( most of the time easy to solve reading the stickies ) problem )

pages 636 -> 649 ( 13 * 20 = 260 , I think this guy tried to do something more in the forum but they get bored

pages 649 -> 653 ( 4 * 20 = 80 , people that is actually helpful in the forum )
Pages: 1 2