Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Strikers Charged WFC Synchronization Error Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I was reading the latest dolphin progress report and i saw it was talking about sync issues on inazuma eleven that got solved in the latest builds of dolphin after a tremendous search.
So here's my request, is it possible for devs to do the same task for the Mario Strikers Charged Community? We are actually hosting a League and minor Tournaments as well but we have trouble with many dolphin players who cant play against console users.

Basically prior to the 14795 build, the network synchronization error immediately appeared at the start of an online match between console and dolphin no matter what we did in dolphin settings.
And now since the 14975 build that message appears after 1min. and we don't know why getting items cause that error to appear.

Is there something that we're doing wrong with our dolphin settings? Because before we couldnt play together at all due to that sync issue and know it works but only for a short time. Some tech savvy players in our community believes it has something to do with another hidden bug related to a JIT Floating Point.

I really would like to help tackle that issue but i dont know how to start.

Thanks for your help
Thanks for the report. I'll try to take a look at this if I get time, but I can't really promise when I'll have time or whether I'll find anything. As the progress report described, debugging an issue that only happens during online play is rather difficult.

If you want to take a shot at it, the best starting point is to try to determine if making certain instructions fall back to the interpreter fixes the issue. If you enable Dolphin's debugger, there will be a menu in the menu bar that lets you disable entire categories of instructions. (Disabling too many at once will make the game lag!) Falling back individual instructions requires editing Dolphin's source code.
We did mess with this a bit, and unfortunately it was inconclusive so far.

Progress: It has to do with character colliding into one another.

More Progress: The bug happens in interpreter... That's not helpful.
Hello,

So I gave this another try with the latest Dolphin 5.0-15545 and idk why but the synchronization now only appear 15 seconds after I score a goal. At first I thought it was merely an issue with the calculation of physics in this game so i tried hitting but nope not error and If i do nothing in a stadium with a lot of events hapening in the field i dont encounter any error either until the timer reach 0. It's only when sudden death starts that it shows the synchronization error.

Can you explain exactly how i can disable categories of instructions? Because on the menu bar it all appear in a grey thus i cant select anything
Here's a screenshot of my dolphin tab : https://postimg.cc/pm1Jh5QL
(11-22-2021, 06:59 AM)ImSpiker Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain exactly how i can disable categories of instructions? Because on the menu bar it all appear in a grey thus i cant select anything
Here's a screenshot of my dolphin tab : https://postimg.cc/pm1Jh5QL

You can disable them if you pause emulation first.

But since JMC already confirmed that the problem happens even when using interpreter, disabling instructions unfortunately isn't going to provide any useful information.
(11-22-2021, 08:22 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]You can disable them if you pause emulation first.

But since JMC already confirmed that the problem happens even when using interpreter, disabling instructions unfortunately isn't going to provide any useful information.

Alright I get it. So i tried with every version of that game (pal, ntsc, nsc-j, ntsc-k) and the crash only occur when one moves with the ball. I've tested every stadiums and most characters and as far as i know, you can move freely around with any characters but the moment you have the ball, it takes 1 to 10 seconds before it shows that network sync error.
I've been wondering if during online play the game checks values related to the ball position on the field and it does the math wrong on dolphin?