Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Request about regions and flags.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, It would be really nice if you could add china to the regions list and a flag for it aswell. thanks
I don't believe the Wii has China as a region, at least, I've never spotted one. Video game consoles were banned for the entire life of the Wii after all, so how could there be a China region? So, are you aware of any games that have a China region?
Perhaps they are referring to the nvidia shield versions? Or maybe the BB2?
(09-09-2021, 11:26 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe the Wii has China as a region, at least, I've never spotted one. Video game consoles were banned for the entire life of the Wii after all, so how could there be a China region? So, are you aware of any games that have a China region?

Yeah. Chinese iQue Wii channels and system menu were leaked last year.
If I'm taking your request correctly, you want it for the game list? That is the only place were we have flags after all. ...I'm just going to assume that is the case as nothing else makes sense.

So, our game list is just that, a game list, it doesn't include Wii Menus or channels-that-aren't-games. Wii Menus, disc channel, mii channel, etc do not appear in any game list under any region. So until a chinese -game- is released, we have no reason to add a chinese region and flag to our game list.

Spoiler:
(09-09-2021, 09:34 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]So, our game list is just that, a game list, it doesn't include Wii Menus or channels-that-aren't-games. Wii Menus, disc channel, mii channel, etc do not appear in any game list under any region. So until a chinese -game- is released, we have no reason to add a chinese region and flag to our game list.

All of those (except the Disc Channel) are shown in the game list if you have WAD files for them. I agree with your point about leaked software, though.
Oh neat, I wasn't aware of that. I've always had those channels from importing NANDs.