Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Starting a game withouth launching dolphin first?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to start a game directly , for instance with a switch on the commandline feeding it to dolphin ?

So that i can start the wii-games from XBMC?

For instance

C:\Games\Emulators\Wii\Dolphin\Dolphin.exe -g C:\Games\Emulators\Wii\Iso\isoname.iso
I know there is but forgive me, off hand I don't know. I think it might be just adding the path of the iso name to it. basically what you have without the -g
(01-02-2010, 09:55 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]I know there is but forgive me, off hand I don't know. I think it might be just adding the path of the iso name to it. basically what you have without the -g

Sadly no, this doesnt work

i tried , but it pops up a message with the switches available .

/h = help
/d = debugger
/l = logger
/e = elf
/V = video plugin
/A = audio plugin
/P = pad plugin
/W = wiimote plugin

Not starting the game, i can see no switch that will load a game from commandline.

MadHattersTeaParty

(01-03-2010, 03:10 AM)defiancenl Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2010, 09:55 PM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]I know there is but forgive me, off hand I don't know. I think it might be just adding the path of the iso name to it. basically what you have without the -g

Sadly no, this doesnt work

i tried , but it pops up a message with the switches available .

/h = help
/d = debugger
/l = logger
/e = elf
/V = video plugin
/A = audio plugin
/P = pad plugin
/W = wiimote plugin

Not starting the game, i can see no switch that will load a game from commandline.

Has anyone gotten this working on xbmc yet? I used the following in emultopia:

ROM folder: <my ROM folder>
ROM file extension: dol,elf,gcm,iso,wad
Emulator executable: <dolphin.exe>
Emulator arguments: /e "%ROM%"

When I execute the the above command in the command prompt, I have no issues, but when trying to start it from xbmc I get the following message:

The specified "%rom%" file does not exist.

I have tried it with both the quotes and without the quotes. (although it only works with quotes within the command prompt.)
set a specific rom for testing?
"c:/user/xxx/roms/zelda.iso"

MadHattersTeaParty

(10-10-2011, 05:38 PM)dannzen Wrote: [ -> ]set a specific rom for testing?
"c:/user/xxx/roms/zelda.iso"

I thought I was pretty clear in stating that it worked fine from a DOS prompt AND that it doesn't work without the quotes. (in case you didn't read that part either)

I wrote a quick and dirty batch script which does this for me for a frontend I'm using. All you do is pass it the rom path and it'll load fine. The only problem I have with this is that if you press the DOWN or LEFT arrow keys, you can no longer quit with the Esc key. If you remap the down and left buttons to a different key besides the arrow keys it works fine though. Weird problem, but its in the code somewhere.

Code:
echo off
"D:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Wii\Dolphin.exe" /e %1 /b

If you don't want a CMD prompt to open up, you can use some freeware tools for converting BAT files to EXE files. It has worked pretty well for me thus far. Unsure if this will fit your needs though.
I should say that this is for Dolphin 3.0 and up. The options you are presented above don't look familiar to me. Are you using Dolphin 2.0?

MadHattersTeaParty

(10-18-2011, 10:27 AM)Kenaf Wrote: [ -> ]I wrote a quick and dirty batch script which does this for me for a frontend I'm using. All you do is pass it the rom path and it'll load fine. The only problem I have with this is that if you press the DOWN or LEFT arrow keys, you can no longer quit with the Esc key. If you remap the down and left buttons to a different key besides the arrow keys it works fine though. Weird problem, but its in the code somewhere.

Code:
echo off
"D:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Wii\Dolphin.exe" /e %1 /b

If you don't want a CMD prompt to open up, you can use some freeware tools for converting BAT files to EXE files. It has worked pretty well for me thus far. Unsure if this will fit your needs though.
I should say that this is for Dolphin 3.0 and up. The options you are presented above don't look familiar to me. Are you using Dolphin 2.0?

I'm using Dolphin 3.0 and the switches that I used were the ones that were posted on the Advanced Launcher wiki. I was using the emultopia frontend (XBMC plugin) to launch my arcade games.

Link to wiki: http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Dolphin

Interesting batch file. It looks like all it's doing is opening Dolphin. What is the %1 and /b for? What frontend are you using and how did you implement the batch file into it? I have a slight idea of how to launch it but would like to compare it to what you already have in place. No sense in re-inventing the wheel is there? Tongue

nevermind...I see that you are using HyperSpin. Gonna try it out!