Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How does texture pack priority work in dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DudeIAmNewHere

Hey, I am trying to add the HD texture pack and UI texture pack for Metroid prime trilogy to the emulator. I have pasted the respective folders in the load/textures folder. I know are in the right place since when i ran it with just the UI texture pack i could see it change the things ingame. And same for the HD texture pack.

But now when i have folders for both these packs together in the R3M folder, The UI texture pack is not working. I'm not sure what the issue is here but im guessing the HD texture pack is getting priority here. Is there a way i can make the folders related to the UI pack have priority over the HD one. Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. Please let me know if I haven't provided any information with this. Thanks!

Here's the R3M folder -
[Image: QDQrLK9.png]

I also tried adding the letter 'N' in front of all the UI pack folders so they come after the HD texture pack name wise. But that didn't seem to help.
So we can't provide help with fork in the general support threads, please go to Primehack's discord for help or ask in our local thread for primehack. I'll have to close this thread per our rules.

However I can help you a bit. For the use case of identically named textures in differently named folders, the load order is 0...9a...z, and Dolphin will favour the first one loaded. So the texture in folder "0" will be loaded instead of the one in folder "2", for example. At least, in latest Dolphin master. I don't know for sure what it is in Primehack (hence the rule), though I doubt they changed that. Theoretically what you did in the screenshot should have worked. So you likely have some other issue. ...this could also be DDS versus PNG, I forgot which one Dolphin would favour in that case. Either way, make sure the textures work on their own. You may have another issue instead.

Anyway, as per our rules.

*waves her magic moderator wand*

Closed.

Spoiler: