Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Super Zoomed in When Playing Windowed Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Robean

Hiya. Not sure how to explain this nor go about it. This is a new issue. It didn't used to happen. Not sure if it's the Dolphin version, Windows being stupid, or... most-likely Windows, but anyhow:

My setup's strange so I'll explain that first. My setup's a 40 inch plasma TV on the wall around two metres away from me. I don't have a monitor as I have no desk in this absolutely tiny room, so TV is my only option, so because of it being sooooooo far away, I of course have to scale it to 175% in the Windows settings. So if anybody asks why I'm not using a monitor, that is why.

So, when playing a game, any game. Say Mario Kart Wii, at 1080p, the screen goes supre stretched/zoomed-in 

https://i.imgur.com/WlygIIA.png

I can't play it fullscreen as both ShareX and OBS hate recording the game like that. This happens in even Auto, Force 4:3, Force 16:9 and Stretch to Window.

It's very strange. I'm unsure if it's to do with the scaling... so I changed it back to 100% just to test... and well... [Image: 4uiPdzR.png]

If anybody could help, that'd be much obliged. Thank you!
Just a theory, does it work when you disable Render to main window in the graphics settings?
If yes, then it seems to be a Dolphin problem handling the DPI incorrectly in that case.

Robean

(08-24-2021, 06:10 AM)Neui Wrote: [ -> ]Just a theory, does it work when you disable Render to main window in the graphics settings?
If yes, then it seems to be a Dolphin problem handling the DPI incorrectly in that case.

Uh, wow, that seems to have fixed it! Thank you!