Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tons of problems bluetooth passthrough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I went ahead and bought my 3rd bluetooth usb adapter to use my off brand wiimotes with bluetooth passthrough. Also wanted to get it to work after hearing it was a better solution here on the forums than emulated wiimotes. I specifically bought the IOGear GBU421 [BCM2046] adapter, as it was listed as fully compatible here : https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ic_adapter.

Just for giggles, I tried using passthrough with no changes, didn't work. Got the error: No useable device found. (i expected this but wanted to try)

I was able to update the driver using Zadig, libusbk (green check mark and installed fine)

[Image: Db583yG]

[Image: BnXRD22]

tried again Got the error: No useable device found.

then forced the driver converting the two values to hex in the dolphin.ini file

tried again and Got the error: "Failed to open Bluetooth device: LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED"

After 3 adapters and hours trying to get this to work, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is this feature just unreliable or broken in the current version? Any help would be great. About to ebay these wiimotes and get some real ones. Thanks in advance. I can add more pictures if needed.
(08-23-2021, 05:14 PM)Norion12 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I went ahead and bought my 3rd bluetooth usb adapter to use my off brand wiimotes with bluetooth passthrough. Also wanted to get it to work after hearing it was a better solution here on the forums than emulated wiimotes. I specifically bought the IOGear GBU421 [BCM2046] adapter, as it was listed as fully compatible here : https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ic_adapter.

Just for giggles, I tried using passthrough with no changes, didn't work. Got the error: No useable device found. (i expected this but wanted to try)

I was able to update the driver using Zadig, libusbk (green check mark and installed fine)

[Image: Db583yG]

[Image: BnXRD22]

tried again Got the error: No useable device found.

then forced the driver converting the two values to hex in the dolphin.ini file

tried again and Got the error: "Failed to open Bluetooth device: LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED"

After 3 adapters and hours trying to get this to work, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  Is this feature just unreliable or broken in the current version? Any help would be great.  About to ebay these wiimotes and get some real ones. Thanks in advance. I can add more pictures if needed.
[quote pid='520916' dateline='1629702876']
After repeating the steps a few more times, I got it to work, but it will only pair 2 wiimotes at a time, as soon as I try a third it will never connect. If turn off those 2, I can pair the other two fine, but never all 4 at once Also, sometimes the wii-mote will lock up, not showing any lights when I hit buttons. I have 5 total wii-motes 4 off brand that can't connect to bluetooth, and one that will (another off brand). All 5 will connect on their own, but no more that 2 at once. Also, they will rarely keep the pairing after exiting a game and restarting it. Maybe 1 out of 5 times it will remember the device, otherwise I have to reset the remotes and start all over again.  If I do end up buying a original wii blutooth card and soldering it to a usb, will I continue to have these issues? Thanks in advance again.
[/quote]
Bluetooth Passthrough compatibility varies a lot depending of the BT Adapter you use. If you can't connect more than two at the same time, you should try another BT adapter. Perfect compatibility is only guaranteed when using the Wii Bluetooth Module (requires modding)...
(08-24-2021, 04:31 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Bluetooth Passthrough compatibility varies a lot depending of the BT Adapter you use. If you can't connect more than two at the same time, you should try another BT adapter. Perfect compatibility is only guaranteed when using the Wii Bluetooth Module (requires modding)...

I don't think you read my post. I bought an adapter that shows as fully working from the list of adapters.
(08-24-2021, 04:31 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Bluetooth Passthrough compatibility varies a lot depending of the BT Adapter you use. If you can't connect more than two at the same time, you should try another BT adapter. Perfect compatibility is only guaranteed when using the Wii Bluetooth Module (requires modding)...

Maybe the wiki can be updated to show that that model of is not completely compatible as stated in the chart.
(08-24-2021, 04:55 AM)Norion12 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you read my post. I bought an adapter that shows as fully working from the list of adapters.
Yes, I read it, and I'll quote what I said again:

(08-24-2021, 04:31 AM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ][...] Perfect compatibility is only guaranteed when using the Wii Bluetooth Module

That same note is also written on the wiki page, under "Limitations" section. I've also updated the test results of the IOGear GBU-421 to reflect what you experienced...
(08-24-2021, 04:00 PM)mbc07 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I read it, and I'll quote what I said again:

That same note is also written on the wiki page, under "Limitations" section. I've also updated the test results of the IOGear GBU-421 to reflect what you experienced...
 Thanks at least no one else will waste money or time on this adapter