Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Choose Method of Frame Dumps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really want to get some decent frame dumps for HD texture comparisons but when I use the Dump Frames feature it only creates an .avi file. Is there a way to change the output format to .png?

I'm using version 5.0-14790
Yes. If your build of Dolphin was compiled with ffmpeg support (this is the case if it is able to create AVI files), then set the following in GFX.ini to get it to output PNG instead:

[Settings]
DumpFramesAsImages = True

However, if you want to grab just a few frames for comparison, it may be easier to just use Dolphin's screenshot functionality. It uses the same code.
(08-21-2021, 06:02 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. If your build of Dolphin was compiled with ffmpeg support (this is the case if it is able to create AVI files), then set the following in GFX.ini to get it to output PNG instead:

[Settings]
DumpFramesAsImages = True

However, if you want to grab just a few frames for comparison, it may be easier to just use Dolphin's screenshot functionality. It uses the same code.

Just looked at my GFX.ini file and that line is not in it. Do I have to manually add it?
I got it working, I had to add the line in the ini.
Now if only they could add a hotkey option for frame dumping