Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Legend of Spyro ANB Lagging on Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Aquillis

Hello, I'm Aquillis. I dunno if there's any back and forth with the emulation groups through the community, but I had previously joined the PCSX2 group in order to try and optimize my gameplay while I was recording. However, my PCSX2 has currently run into a crashing snag, and I can't seem to get that fixed. I've been recording my gameplay to (eventually) make a video about the Legend of Spyro Series in retrospective, why it was doomed from the start to fail by Sierra, and Activision's third game was just putting the dog down when it was in so much pain. However, the last level of The Eternal Night would not bother trying to optimize itself properly, and since then I've encountered a rather nasty crash that causes the game to crash every time I play it for a bit, no matter the save file. I want to use Dolphin so that I can rerecord my games, but I do not know how to optimize it properly to make sure it doesn't crash again.

My GPU is a Nivdia GeForce GTX1050, my CPU/RAM is an Intel Core i7 - 7700HQ with a GHz of 2.80, and I'm trying to play Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning with Dolphin version 5.0 -14907.
Trying to unpack your post, looking for a little bit of clarification:
-You're trying to run Spyro A New Beginning in Dolphin, after previously trying to run in PCSX2
-Spyro ANB has been crashing for you. Is this crashing happening just in PCSX2, or is it also happening in Dolphin?
-You want to optimize Dolphin on your laptop to get the best performance?
1. The easiest way is to go to the Nvidia Control Panel and setup a profile for Dolphin to have the power management set to "Prefer maximum performance" and don't touch any other settings (except maybe to ensure it runs on your GTX1050 dedicated GPU).
2. Then you want to play with the charger is plugged, and set Windows Power Management to High performance.
3. In Dolphin's graphics settings, use Asynchronus Ubershaders and enable precompile shaders