Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games and wii menu is black
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

alanl96

Hi, I am brand new to dolphin. I played a few games of Mario Kart and I plugged the PC into a TV. When I opened Mario Kart, the window was black and remained black for more than 5 minutes, I forced it to close and I brought it back to my computer monitor and I am getting the same result. I deleted everything I could find, the dolphin x64 folder, the dolphin emulator folder and all of the data that was with my Mario Kart iso. I restarted dolphin and configured the controller, then launched Mario kart, it's black. I updated the Wii console and opened it to see if I can re-create my mii, it is also black. I have no idea what is wrong, can someone help me figure out what happened. I want to get this working and import my saved Wii data from my actual Wii console. I have to get past this black screen issue first. Thanks for your help in advance!

[attachment=19799]
Okay first what you setting. Have you check if the iso is a good dump. You can do this right click the game in the menu, clicking properties,then there a verify tab.
Also, if the problem persists, then try changing your graphics backend to Direct3D or Vulkan.

alanl96

(08-13-2021, 05:30 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if the problem persists, then try changing your graphics backend to Direct3D or Vulkan.

I changed the graphics. Both Direct3D 11 and 12 along with Vulcan didn't work. I tried a different Mario kart iso and that one worked them all of my Wii isos started to work. My Wii menu also worked, I don't know what happened, but this time I'll keep back ups. Thanks for your help!

alanl96

(08-13-2021, 02:32 PM)themaster123 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay first what you setting. Have you check if the iso is a good dump. You can do this right click the game in the menu, clicking properties,then there a verify tab.

It is a bad dump, I don't know how to fix it, but I got it to work later on. I tried a different Mario kart iso and that one worked then all of my Wii isos started to work. My Wii menu also worked, I don't know what happened. Thanks for your help!