Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot get MKDD LAN in one PC with two Dolphin instances linked (TAP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ACStriker

What the title says: Trying to do the "open two Dolphin instances to connect Mario Kart Double Dash in LAN mode"...and despite that I have seen countless of guides (on reddit, on this forum, and from Mankalor's video), I haven't ever got this working at all. I know that it is possible to handle on my PC as I did get the XLinkKai method working for this, but I really wanted to get the OpenVPN method assured in case I had to go offline for whatever reason.

The Dolphin folders for both instances are separate and portable, they use different BBA addresses, made a second TAP adapter after installing OpenVPN, and then launch both Dolphins into MKDD. The result? After several seconds they get into seeking mode, but they NEVER find each other. I must have tried this at least 10 times and it never got to link up.

I would really appreciate if anyone that does know well how to do this OR actually does this up to this day (which means that it would be updated information of this year) can help me out Sad