Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Add a banner to a game without save data?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to add a banner image to a Wii title in the game list that either A. doesn't have save data (like Fun Fun Minigolf) or B. is a game you don't have the NAND space for, so that it doesn't show as that grey X in the gamelist?
Put a PNG file with the same name as the game (other than the file name extension) in the same folder as the game.
(08-08-2021, 02:40 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Put a PNG file with the same name as the game (other than the file name extension) in the same folder as the game.

Is there nothing I can do to place a file in the NAND directory or Dolphin's main folder? Or simply anywhere else? I'd really like to avoid non-game files mixed in with my games...
Well, that would be if you were to create some kind of custom hacked save file for the game and put it in the NAND. But if you're out of NAND space, I suppose that's not an option. I'm not sure about the details of how to construct such a save file.
(08-08-2021, 07:03 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Well, that would be if you were to create some kind of custom hacked save file for the game and put it in the NAND. But if you're out of NAND space, I suppose that's not an option. I'm not sure about the details of how to construct such a save file.

How about potentially using the 'load' folder? Much like how that folder is used to rename games in the list and load custom textures, I would love it if it was possible to add the ability to have what ever correctly named images found there override the display of the internal banner.
I suppose that's something that could be added in a future update. For now it isn't possible, though.