Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin is forcing file conversion from wii game to GC game. How to fix?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chaoticluminary

Dolphin Version:
5.0-14790

Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii (USA) (nkit.iso format)

Explanation: I will download dolphin, load up my rom, and then play. I'll change controller settings to suit the game, and have fun for a couple hours.

Next day, I go to load up Dolphin, I see the icon is now that of a GC game, when I launch the game, I get nothing but a black screen.

Not sure where I'm causing issues. I've done a clean install and it results in the same problem on the second launch. Also done run as admin.

Not sure if it's a rom format issue or what.

I'm fairly novice to this whole topic of emulation in general, but I'm fairly computer savy, done my own builds, etc.

Also on a side note for Retroarch users: Controller settings for Retroarch will work and be loaded correctly but then after a play session will be completely fucked. Not sure why. I removed it for this reason and I'm using the base dolphin EMU.
This is a common problem with NKit files. However I have never heard of it happening on builds as recent as 5.0-14790. Either way, I would recommend not using NKit files.

chaoticluminary

(08-07-2021, 05:01 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]This is a common problem with NKit files. However I have never heard of it happening on builds as recent as 5.0-14790. Either way, I would recommend not using NKit files.

Thank you, this is what I had assumed. Glad to know I was likely correct. I'm doing a file conversion for this. If there's any more details I can provide of the issue since I am using a more recent build, feel free to let me know.