Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What games benefit most of SPEED UP DISC TRANSFER RATE hack without issues?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel curiosity to know about in which games this potentially gamebreaking hack is worth enabling without negative side effects (for example, the doors in Metroid Prime games open faster with the hack)
(08-04-2021, 08:13 PM)Intruso Wrote: [ -> ]I feel curiosity to know about in which games this potentially gamebreaking hack is worth enabling without negative side effects.

The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition and The Legend of Zelda: Master Quest benefit from this. Mostly for that one-time loading screen when opening a game on the disc. Helps quite a bit either with Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask.
It help all of my games (Serious Sam: Next Encounter, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Colors and Dead Space Extraction) greatly reducing time spent on loading screens.
Only a few games actually break with Speed Up Disc Transfer enabled and you can notice faster loading times in nearly all games that doesn't break. I asked to have a global toggle for the option a while ago instead of needing to enable it manually in every single game like how it's done now, but the request was put on hold until a rewrite of the feature, which didn't happen, at least not until now...
Thanks for your answers.

I'm happy to hear it's a pretty safe hack, I'll use it more frequently.