Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Wiimote Sliding Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! This is my first support thread on the Dolphin forums, so if I've left out anything required, I do apologize! I've setup all my PC Specs and Dolphin info on my Profile, so if anymore is required, then just say in the thread and I'll get back to you.

Anyways, the issue I'm having is that my pointer will slide to a far side of the screen, but only when in Netplay. The issue is also still apparent after quitting Netplay, it only "fixes" when I restart Dolphin.

For my controller setup, I'm emulating the Wii's Bluetooth Adapter, with my Wiimote Slot 1 set to Real Wiimote, with Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers enabled. I've also tried using Emulated Wiimote as slot 1 with the Wii Remote MotionPlus Pointing (Stock) loaded. Here's what my Controller Settings windows look like:

[Image: abgVAcS.png]

The video below demonstrates the issue happening. I first Open Wii Sports normally, and it works fine, I then close out of Wii Sports, start NetPlay, and then set my WiiMote controller through the Assign Controllers menu, and then start Netplay. From this point on, the issue is present until Dolphin is restarted.

To note, I only demonstrate this in Wii Sports, but it happens with every game, so I don't think it's a game-specific issue.
Are you using Bluetooth Passthrough?
If yes, then this is the problem.

Dolphin Wiki Wrote:When using Bluetooth Passthrough mode, the emulated software directly communicates with the Bluetooth adapter, so it's not possible to mix passthrough mode with emulated Wii Remotes and some Dolphin features like Netplay, TAS input, input display, among others, won't be available.
(08-05-2021, 06:34 PM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Bluetooth Passthrough?
If yes, then this is the problem.

Assuming that I haven't installed LibUSB to anything, and that in the screenshot provided, I have Emulate the Wii's Bluetooth Adapter selected, I'd say no, unless you're talking about something else. Thanks for the suggestion though!
Okay I found out something new. It turns out, it has this issue because of my Wii Motion Plus accessory for the wii remote, but when I remove the accessory, it will no longer move along the x-axis, only the y-axis (up and down). To get it to move on the x-axis, I have to take the wii remote out of view of the sensor bar, then bring it back in view and hope it aligned to the right point.
When you're using Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers + Emulated Wii Remote (which is the only way to use a physical Wii Remote on netplay), Dolphin is no longer able to use the sensor bar and must rely on MotionPlus to simulate what the sensor bar would normally do. So what you describe in your last post is normal.
(09-26-2021, 04:39 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]When you're using Connect Wii Remotes for Emulated Controllers + Emulated Wii Remote (which is the only way to use a physical Wii Remote on netplay), Dolphin is no longer able to use the sensor bar and must rely on MotionPlus to simulate what the sensor bar would normally do. So what you describe in your last post is normal.

So does that mean there's no way to use a sensor bar over netplay at all?
(09-26-2021, 05:41 PM)200Tigersbloxed Wrote: [ -> ]So does that mean there's no way to use a sensor bar over netplay at all?

That's correct.
(09-26-2021, 06:25 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's correct.

What if, as a very jank workaround, instead I use a GlovePie script to make my mouse follow my wii pointer, then disable cursor movement on Dolphin's end completely, and only have button bindings?

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-Your-Wii-Rem...on-Windows