Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: metroid prime 3 freezes every time at this spot!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm on my way to destroy the second  beacon but as soon as i enter this room it will freeze dolphin every single time!!

it's the room were you have to freeze the fuel streams and jump over them on bryyo

dule core is on (it has to be game runs at 15 fps otherwise)
full screen is off

had to resize the image was too big. pic of it frozen fps at 0

[attachment=19773]

other settings

[attachment=19774]
[attachment=19775]
See if it happens on single core. If it doesn't, then it's a dualcore desync and there's not anything that can be done really.
what about prime 3 on it's own not part of the trilogy would that work better? that trilogy is buggy AF
Right click the game in the game list and click on Properties. Go to the Verify tab and click "Verify Integrity". Post a screenshot of the results here please.
[attachment=19776]

so is the iso corrupted?
The hashes match GameTDB's data, so it is a good dump. Honestly I thought it was a bad dump from the error you were getting.

JMC4789 Wrote:See if it happens on single core. If it doesn't, then it's a dualcore desync and there's not anything that can be done really.

Have you tried single core yet?
(08-04-2021, 11:04 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]The hashes match GameTDB's data, so it is a good dump. Honestly I thought it was a bad dump from the error you were getting.

No, it is a bad dump. Redump does not have this hash anywhere, and I've never seen a case where Dolphin has reported problems for something that is a good dump. GameTDB is unfortunately not always reliable.

With that said, the problems that Dolphin reports for this bad dump are minor enough that I don't think they could cause crashes.
ok i'll try another dump
Are you using a cheat that corrupts the game in that part? It also happens to me that it freezes in some parts but activating gpu sync always solves it.
i don't use cheats unless you call save scumming cheating

i got the NKIT dump and tried that still freezes just in other parts. screw it giving up and waiting for nintendo to remaster it themselves

it's impossible to play in single core
Pages: 1 2