Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4-player multiplayer games with pads now fully playable!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just wanted to share my happiness about having had the first time to be able to configure and use 4 absolutely different gamepads as Gamecube-controllers and use them at the same time in GC games (Mario Party 4, Mario Kart: Double Dash) as well as Wii games (Mario Kart Wii). Recent changes made it possible. So for everybody that was waiting for play some 4-player(with pads)-stuff with Dolphin should now be fed 'n' happy Smile

The only two things I found which could be perfected are:
- Rumble function only works with the "Logitech Rumblepad II" (wired) for me. My other pads (Xbox360 wired controller, PSX2-controller via adapter, Saitek Colour Rumble Pad) don't say nothin'.
- The triggers of the Xbox360 controller are only mappable if I select Trigger: XInput. Still then, though, ingame they won't work.
About rumble: How is it with SDL 1.3? Does it make any difference to use it (by renaming the dll)? Or does it have to be implemented howsoever?
Dolphin was always playable with 4 pads, unless some change broke it before and now it was fixed...
yeah, well, I just said it was the first time I was able to...actually I've been trying that for, like, half a year or something...and there was always something not working...most of the time it was being able to map all controllers but the games only recognized two...
Anyway...now, like I said, it's all fine for me...except for those two little issues.
lol... i know how you feel....
but yeah, its here for a long time now.
Multi-controller-player xd has worked since ho ho ho I dont remember but it actually was usually very slow. Mario Kart DD used to be unplayable with 2 players, and MK: Wii was barely playable in two-player mode. How does it run now?