Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Looking for a high end Bluetooth Adapter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

crucnix

Hey. I am looking for a perfect bluetooth Adapter for my PC so i can pair my Wii controllers with dolphin and play. I want to pair also other devices at same time like headphones, mobile etc. and i want a fast adapter with very high range.

I searched on google for top bluetooth adapters and bought what it was listing there. When my USB Dongle arrived, i tried it out and it was super crap (at least for dolphin). I hate a huge delay, and the dolphin lost the tracking a lot. The wii cursor was standing still for a couple seconds each 30-60 seconds. It was TERRIBLE.

I gave 20x other bluetooth adapters a try that were listed and "recommended" on a couple sites that i found by searching on google. The description of those dongle said mostly that they are class 1, and are 4.0.

I am thinking about buyning the dolphinbar but not sure if i can pair other devices too. I want a perfect allrounder and don't care the price much. I spend over 200$ in total for usb dongles that didn't work well (i paid 10-20€ for each dongle...).

This is the last time i try to buy a bluetooth device. So please recommend me a REAL good dongle that works great. It don't has to be a "USB", i don't know if there are other and better alternatives. I have no clue with this things.
A dolphin bar can't be used for any other bluetooth devices besides wiimotes. Have you checked this list out?

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...st_results

crucnix

Thank you, it was hard to find this site lol but yeah i did check it out and its still hard to decide which one to pick. I clicked on all green marked adapters on the link and read their reviews on amazon which worried me actually.

I decided my self first for the "Parani-UD100 Bluetooth 4.0 Class1 USB Adapter, Exchangeable Antenna" but some people meant on amazon that you need class 1 devices for it to work. Some people report issues on windows 10 and say you have to take a alternative driver (and the question is, if there is any and where ?). I dont know what classes my devices are all.

I am on windows 10 64 bit, and i want a adapter that supports at least 4 devices at once. And if possible, i want a high range as possible with windows 10 support. And would be nice if it supports class 1, 2 and 3 devices.

Ps. The last usb dongle i got ago a month was called "Mumbi bluetooth 4.0 CSR". Many websites said they are great. But after checking the dolphin wiki, i figured out that only specific ones work perfect with dolphin / wii motes.
For perfect compatibility, you should grab a Wii Bluetooth Module and mod it to work over USB. If you want something more plug and play, the Orico BTA-403 still is my top recommendation, it's cheap, relatively easy to find and works as well as the Wii Bluetooth Module from my testings...

crucnix

Thanks Smile. The wii bluetooth module is perfect. Sadly i have no tools to mod it and no experience in wiring stuff either haha. I would like to buy it but couldn't find any seller on ebay either. So i gonna grab the orico BTA 403, thank's a lot.

Maybe i buy straight a pcie bluetooth adapter, thats fully compatible and listed in the wiki, but the orico seems really good and fine Smile.