Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 3rd Party Wiimote Hookup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

star_wyvern

Hello,

I recently bought a Techken 3rd Party Wiimote and Nunchuck.

I was able to get it hooked up to Dolphin using the libusb procedure here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNJMGjsxjwQ

However, after doing this, I don't have the floating hand in Wii Games, I needed an IR port.

I just got a Mayflash Dolphin Bar and once I sync that up, nothing works again. I did download the Mayflash Firmware as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
The Mayflash DolphinBar only turns on its IR LEDs if you connect a Wii Remote directly to it. Other sensor bars don't work this way.

star_wyvern

(07-31-2021, 01:45 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The Mayflash DolphinBar only turns on its IR LEDs if you connect a Wii Remote directly to it. Other sensor bars don't work this way.

Yes, I understand this. The Wiimote actually hooks up to the bar just fine. However then, in Dolphin when emulating, nothing works. No button presses etc.
Ah, I assumed that you were still using Bluetooth passthrough.

Unfortunately, third-party Wii Remotes don't work well at all with Dolphin, and usually your only bet at getting them to work is to use Bluetooth passthrough. But since the DolphinBar doesn't support Bluetooth passthrough, you're kind of stuck here unless you're fine with buying a different sensor bar (or a different Wii Remote).

Just in case your third-party Wii Remote actually does work with Dolphin without Bluetooth passthrough somehow: Make sure the DolphinBar is set to mode 4 and Dolphin is set to "Emulate the Wii's Bluetooth adapter", with Wii Remote 1 being set to Real Wii Remote.

star_wyvern

(07-31-2021, 02:19 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I assumed that you were still using Bluetooth passthrough.

Unfortunately, third-party Wii Remotes don't work well at all with Dolphin, and usually your only bet at getting them to work is to use Bluetooth passthrough. But since the DolphinBar doesn't support Bluetooth passthrough, you're kind of stuck here unless you're fine with buying a different sensor bar (or a different Wii Remote).

Just in case your third-party Wii Remote actually does work with Dolphin without Bluetooth passthrough somehow: Make sure the DolphinBar is set to mode 4 and Dolphin is set to "Emulate the Wii's Bluetooth adapter", with Wii Remote 1 being set to Real Wii Remote.

Thank you for the reply. Would you suggest a different sensor bar? Maybe a more simple one that is just a USB IR receiver? I would rather not pony up for a real Wiimote if possible, they are pretty spendy. I will try the Emulate the Wii Bluetooth Adapter.
Any simple USB sensor bar should be fine, or alternatively a simple battery-powered sensor bar. (Though just to clarify: sensor bars aren't receivers, they're transmitters.)

star_wyvern

(07-31-2021, 02:26 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Any simple USB sensor bar should be fine, or alternatively a simple battery-powered sensor bar. (Though just to clarify: sensor bars aren't receivers, they're transmitters.)

Thanks again for the reply.

Thinking of getting this - https://www.amazon.com/Best-Deal%E3%80%9...63&sr=8-12