Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Performance issues constantly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ShouglesSupreme

My PC tends to be extremely erratic with how it runs Dolphin, sometimes things will be perfectly fine, other times my games will just start tanking in the framerate, and no matter what, I cannot get Delfino Plaza in Mario Sunshine, or any regular gameplay scenario in F-Zero GX to run properly at all, regardless of my settings or resolution. Could it be my PC?
Assuming the specs in your profile are correct your hardware shouldn't be holding back Dolphin at all. Could you screenshot your settings?
Do you have a profile setup in the Nvidia Control Panel for Dolphin? You should set the Power management to "Prefer maximum performance" (and don't force any other settings). Dolphin doesn't behave like a regular PC game, and your GPU may be ramping/up down improperly.

ShouglesSupreme

(07-28-2021, 02:59 AM)bomblord Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming the specs in your profile are correct your hardware shouldn't be holding back Dolphin at all. Could you screenshot your settings?

(07-28-2021, 10:42 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a profile setup in the Nvidia Control Panel for Dolphin? You should set the Power management to "Prefer maximum performance" (and don't force any other settings). Dolphin doesn't behave like a regular PC game, and your GPU may be ramping/up down improperly.

I found the issue and tweaked some settings, which basically eliminated the issue outside of small stutters or very short lag spikes from, I assume, things like shader compilation.
(07-30-2021, 02:27 AM)ShouglesSupreme Wrote: [ -> ]I found the issue and tweaked some settings, which basically eliminated the issue outside of small stutters or very short lag spikes from, I assume, things like shader compilation.

Great to hear, if you don't mind could you post your solution? Someone may be googling a similar issue down the line and come across this post. Your solution, no matter how simple or silly you may think it sounds, could be helpful to others.