Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Slowdown on Ryzen 2400g
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Wanela

Hello everyone. I'm currently having trouble running SMG/SMG2 on ryzen 2400g, most of the time the games run fine, but with even a tiniest hint of slowdown the audio starts to become crackly. I am running it on native but chnaging the render resolution does not seem to have any difference, so this means I'm CPU limited? Weird, because only about 20% of my CPU seems to be used. I thought 2400g should be ok for Dolphin, if it's not, is there anything I can do besides getting a better CPU?
You could try aysnc ubershader with the compile shader before start check to see if the slowdown is related to shader generation. If your using open gl then try direct x or vulken, as amd opengl performance tends to be relatively low compare to the other backends. If you running at native with those settings and the ubershader don't work then it might be a cpu limit. Dolphin can't use all of the core and thread of most modern cpu which is why the cpu usage might look so low. Also smg\smg2 tend to be on the high requirements in emulation compare to some other games. Not rogue squadron 3 bad but not as easy as new super mario bros either. I would think though that would be enough for those game though.