Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: I can't use my keyboard to play games [Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Augustus_Strix

Hi,

I've configured the keyboard in Options/Controller Settings/GameCube Controllers/Port 4 (Standard Controller)/Configure.
I've chosen my keyboard in the Device input (there is only one entry anyway), and bind my keys to the different buttons of the GameCube Controller.
If I press the keys on my keyboard, I can see the corresponding buttons light up in red in the configuration panel.
But if I start a game, my keys are not recognized, and I can't do anything.

I have also a controller, which I've connected and configured, and everything works fine with it. I disconnect it when I try to use my keyboard in case it would interfere with it.
If you have any idea, they will be welcome, as I have absolutely no idea about what is causing this issue...
Most games don't check for input in Port 4. Try Port 1.

Augustus_Strix

Hey JosJuice, thank you for your answer !

I had thought about this, and said to myself "Naaah, there are 4 ports, you can use all of them !", but it is not the case ahah. With Port 1 I don't have any problems, thank you again for your quick response.
Yeah, it's only really for multiplayer games that you would use anything other than Port 1.