Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game Speed Slowing Down During Gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've been having issues with the Dolphin Emulator slowing down game speed when I begin playing. For example when I start up Need For Speed Most Wanted the game runs very well at near 100% game speed when I navigate through the menus but once I jump into gameplay the game speed slows down to about 70%. Now of course this does vary for each game I have and some of the others work pretty well but not perfect.

Is there anyway I can increase the game speed so the emulation runs smoother? I tried using the hotkeys to increase speed but that didn't seem to work.

I'm using this emulator on an Alienware 17 R3 Laptop Computer. I've attached my emulator settings and computer information as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Your computer information is very incomplete, also try the latest beta version of dolphin.
(07-25-2021, 02:29 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer information is very incomplete, also try the latest beta version of dolphin.

I tried using the latest version last night and there wasn't much difference. Also what do you mean by My Computer Information Is Incomplete?
(07-25-2021, 02:34 AM)MasterMarkVGC Wrote: [ -> ]I tried using the latest version last night and there wasn't much difference. Also what do you mean by My Computer Information Is Incomplete?

Sorry, I was looking at your profile because the images hadn't shown up yet. Have you made sure that the laptop is plugged in and running in high performance mode?
(07-25-2021, 03:18 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I was looking at your profile because the images hadn't shown up yet.

Ahh ok. Yes I'm sure there's a lot missing on my profile. I only made it to post this thread.