Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NetPlay: Failed to connect to server: Could not communicate with host.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Caesar04_

IK that there is another thread of this argument, but is a bit discontinued and i still have the issuse

Basically the problem is: when i try to connect to any of my friend NetPlay Session it gives me the error "Failed to connect to server: Could not communicate with host."

My friends get the same error when they try to connect to my host, both with Traversal and Direct Connection

We are using same Dolphin version with the same ISO
Emulator setting SHOULD be correct (i accept tips anyway)

Pretty sure i'm the problem here, because both friends can connect each other

I'm using a 4G Vodafone Modem (more specific: "Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R218t")
uPnP is enabled in the Modem setting

Dolphin is allowed throught Windows firewall (even disabling it doesn't fix the issuse)

The default DHCP IPs where from 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.200 (and if i'm not wrong, they are private IP)
i changed that so that the IP can be from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200, not sure if that move makes any sense
the IP changed correctly (checked with ipconfig), but the issuse remains

General info:
Dolphin 5.0-11824

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER
RAM: 8GB (3200 MHz)
Connection via Ethernet
(07-16-2021, 11:52 PM)Caesar04_ Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 5.0-11824

This version is 1 year old. Both you and your friend should try downloading the latest Development version, and then see whether this issue is still present or not.

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Caesar04_

(07-17-2021, 01:46 AM)Jack Wrote: [ -> ] 
This version is 1 year old. Both you and your friend should try downloading the latest Development version, and then see whether this issue is still present or not.

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Quote:(i hope i'm replying correctly... if the respone appear weird i'm sorry)

let me explain
i used the therm "friends", but with friends, i mean a discord server that plays DBZ BT3.
we all use that version because some people found the newest version too heavy, and, as you can tell, it has been like this for 1 year.
it wouldn't be convinient tell the server to upgrade all to latest dolphin version, and me as a common member, can't go to the owner and tell: "ehi, update dolphin because i'm having trouble"

and as i said, me only is having this issuse

i cannot really test if update dolphin will fix the issuse, because there is no one i can ask help for that

Caesar04_

Uhm, at least, if you have no idea how to solve the problem, responde with "i have no idea"

is better getting a reply like that instead of be completely ignored