Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Make Dolphin Emulator come with built-in Gecko Codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm building off of 5.0-14628. I want to make it so that downloading the dolphin build will have gecko codes already installed and enabled by default. I saw that i can add the .ini file to the GameSettings folder and have a list of default codes, but it looks like the User Config .ini file takes priority over the Default Config file. I'm assuming i'd need to make it so that the User Config .ini file is ignored, but i don't know how to do that. Any advice on how to do this would be appreciated.
The user config INI file only takes priority in the sense that if both the user INI and the Sys INI try to set the same setting or add a cheat with the same name, the user INI will take priority. So there's normally no problem with adding cheats to the Sys INI.
(07-16-2021, 06:52 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The user config INI file only takes priority in the sense that if both the user INI and the Sys INI try to set the same setting or add a cheat with the same name, the user INI will take priority. So there's normally no problem with adding cheats to the Sys INI.

I looked at this last night and that seems about right. However when i clicked the “Sort Alphabetically” button all of the codes that were in both the sys ini and the user ini were duplicated. Not sure if that’s supposed to happen or if that’s just a bug or whatnot.